New Hire Reporting:

Notice to Employers - Income Withholding Requirements

NRS 31A.090 requires all employers with 50 or more staff to submit child support payments to the State Collections and Disbursement Unit (SCaDU) by electronic funds transfer (EFT).

Please see below for EFT Instructions.

Download "Information for Employers" in PDF Format

    New Hire Reporting:

    State and Federal laws require all employers to report certain information on newly hired or re-hired employees to the Employment Security Division of the Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation (DETR).

    Any employer who hires (or re-hires 60 days or more after separation) employees for whom a W-4 is required by the IRS is required to report the following information to DETR:

    • Employee's Full Name;
    • Employee's Social Security Number;
    • Employee's Address;
    • Employee Start Date;

    • Employer's Federal Identification Number;
    • Employer's Name;
    • Employer's Address;

    ***This information must be reported for each employee within 20 days of hire/re-hire OR twice per month if reporting electronically.***

    • How to Report New Hires:

      • Online transmission on the DETR website using Secure File Transfer Protocol is preferred.
      • New Hire Reporting Forms for mail or fax may be found on the DETR website.
      • Copies of W-4 forms may be mailed or faxed to the Employment Security Division.
      • Written information, in any format, is acceptable as long as it contains the seven (7) data elements listed above and is mailed or faxed to the Employment Security Division.

      For more information including forms and contacts, please visit their website: Employment Security Division or call (888) 639-7241 toll free or (775) 684-6370.

      For Mail or Fax:

      Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation Employment Security Division - New Hire Unit
      500 East Third Street
      Carson City, NV 89713-0033
      Fax Number: (775) 684-6379
    • Multi-State Employers:

      If you have employees in more than one state, employees may be reported to the state in which they are working, or you may report all employees to one state. You must notify the Secretary of Health and Human Services of the state you choose.

      For Child Support EFT contact information for all 50 states, please visit their website at:OCSE State EFT-EDI Contacts and Program Information 

      For more information including the required forms and contacts, please visit their website at: OCSE Multistate Employer Registration Contacts