During the current health emergency, the Energy Assistance Program (EAP) offices and many intake sites have been closed to the public. To obtain an EAP application:
- Select the link below, to print an application
- Call the EAP office or the DWSS customer service unit to have an application mailed
- Visit one of the sites listed under ‘Paper Applications’ on the DWSS home page
- Call an EAP intake site in your area
We are accepting completed EAP applications via mail, fax, through the DWSS office drop boxes, or our email at email@example.com.
Energy Assistance Program - Apply
Apply for the Energy Assistance Program:
For a printable application form, click on the button(s) below.
Energy Assistance Application
Solicitud De Asistencia Para Servicios de Energía
Energy Assistance Application-Vision Impaired
Energy Assistance Program Application Process:
Submit a completed application with the following verification:
- Proof of ALL income for EVERY PERSON in the household for at least the last thirty (30) days and;
- Provide a complete copy of your rental agreement / lease (listing
all persons in your household) or a copy of your mortgage statement and;
- Proof of identity for the head of household and;
- Proof of citizenship or legal status if born outside of the United States and;
- Copies of your most recent heating/cooling bills and;
- If the utility bill is not in the applicant’s name, proof of identity for the individual listed on the utility bill is
required along with written authorization for the applicant to apply and;
- If the household expenses exceed the household income, proof of how the household is meeting their needs.
Note: Prior year recipients may not reapply until approximately 11 months after they received their last benefit.
In addition to the online application, paper applications may be obtained through any EAP Office, any Welfare Office, the Customer
Service Unit (CSU) or through one of many Intake Sites around the State. Intake Sites will also provide assistance in completing
and mailing applications to the EAP Office.