SNAP - General Information

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Helps People with Little or No Income Buy Food

Many Nevadans have trouble making ends meet each month. After paying for rent, utilities, transportation and child care, there is often little left over to buy nutritious food. But it doesn't have to be that way. Each month, thousands of families across the state turn to the Nevada State Division of Welfare and Supportive Services for assistance in the form of SNAP benefits to help feed their families. Read on to learn how you can receive help if you qualify.
Helpful Links:

    USDA Summer Feeding


      For More Information about visit their website.

        Your Civil Rights:

        The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

        To file a complaint of discrimination, write to:

          U. S. Department of Agriculture
          Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
          1400 Independence Avenue, SW
          Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
          Or Fax (202) 690-7442 ; or

            To Report Fraud:

            Toll-Free Hotline (800) 424-9121

            If you wish to report any misuse, fraud, waste, or abuse of SNAP benefits, call the toll-free hotline number:

            If you are in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, the number is (202) 690-1622.