What is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)?

    Also known as "Food Stamps", It's a federally funded program to help low-income families buy nutritious food from authorized retailers. SNAP benefits are available to qualifying families, elderly people, and single adults.


      Where do I apply for SNAP benefits?

      You can apply ONLINE, complete and submit an electronic application, or you can go to your local Welfare Office to pick up or file an application, or you may request an application be mailed to you. The paper application may be mailed, dropped off or faxed to the local Welfare Office and may be used to apply for any and all programs listed on the form. If you reside on a Nevada Indian Reservation or Colony you may also check with the Tribal Social Service Office or Health Clinics for application information.

      For an application form that you can print out from your computer and fill out at home, follow the links below for the applications: