Don't be a victim of EBT skimming
DWSS suggests the following prevention tips to minimize the chance of being a victim of stolen benefits.
- Use only the EBT Edge site or mobile application.
- Freeze or lock your EBT card when not in use.
- Change your PIN monthly before your benefit issuance date.
- Avoid simple PINs such as dates of birth, part of your social security number, or easily guessed PINs like 1234, or 9876.
- Do not share your PIN with anyone outside your household and keep both your EBT card number and PIN a secret.
- Do not respond telephone calls or text messages asking for your EBT card number or PIN.
- Check your EBT account regularly for unauthorized transactions.