Pandemic EBT Information

Under the P-EBT program, children who enrolled in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) or attended a school where every child in school automatically received the NSLP, may receive benefits to replace school meals for the 2020-2021 school year due to COVID-19 school closure or where the school operated with reduced attendance (hybrid classes) for a minimum of 5 consecutive days. The program will provide a benefit amount based on either the completely distance learning model or Hybrid Learning model where the child attended school.


  • Children who received Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or Food Stamps), or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) benefits from October 2020 through June 2021, automatically qualify. The funds will begin arriving on your EBT card, if the child attended an eligible school, beginning in September 2021. 
  • Children who do not receive SNAP or TANF benefits, but do qualify for free or reduced school meals and who have attended an eligible school, will receive a P-EBT card beginning in September 2021. 


If you are eligible for a P-EBT card, the local school district that your child attended will be providing information to the Nevada Department of Agriculture for your issuance of the P-EBT benefit. No application is required by individual households. 

Individuals who have general questions about this program are encouraged to read the information on this website.

Qualifying children will receive P-EBT support for attending qualifying schools during August 2020 - June 2021. 

General Information

When will I receive my P-EBT benefit?

P-EBT cards for the 2020-2021 school year are scheduled to be dispersed in September 2021.

How much will be on my P-EBT card?

The maximum benefit amount will be $136.40 per month, per child, if the school was conducting full-time distance learning. For schools that were conducting hybrid distance and in-person learning, the benefit amount will depend on how many days the school offered distance learning only, and the rate is $6.82 per day of distance only learning.

What is the P-EBT, or Pandemic EBT Emergency School Meals Program?

The Families First Coronavirus Relief Act (FFCRA); Continuing Appropriation Act, 2020, and other extensions acts allows children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals at school to receive extra food benefits. The Pandemic EBT Program, or P-EBT, provides food benefits via an electronic benefit card to eligible students to replace meals they would have received through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP), at their school during the 2020-2021 School Year.

Also, childcare aged children (ages 0-6) who received SNAP benefits and/or TANF benefits in Nevada are eligible to receive P-EBT. Note: These children are only eligible for P-EBT for the months in which they received SNAP and/or TANF from October 2020 through June 2021. The benefit amount for these children will be based on the predominate mode of learning of the school district closest to their residential address on file with the Division of Welfare and Supportive Services.

Who runs the program?

The P-EBT program is overseen by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and is administered in Nevada by the Nevada Division of Welfare and Supportive Services.

Can P-EBT affect my or my family's immigration status?

You will not be asked about your or your child's immigration status or citizenship. P-EBT is not considered under a Public Charge.

P-EBT Eligibility

Who is eligible for P-EBT benefits?

There is no application. If eligible, the NSLP, SBP, and SNAP/TANF childcare aged children will automatically receive P-EBT. For children currently on the SNAP and/or TANF programs, the benefit will be placed on their household's existing Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. For P-EBT only children, the benefit will be placed on a P-EBT card issued in the child's name and sent to the address on file in the school registration system. For example: Infinite Campus.

Will benefits be loaded on my old card? I threw away my old P-EBT card because I thought it was a one-time thing. How do I get a new one?

Those eligible for a P-EBT and not receiving SNAP and/or TANF, will receive a new P-EBT card in the mail. Please do not throw this card away as you might be eligible for Summer P-EBT too. More information will be sent out about Summer P-EBT soon.

I didn't apply for Free or reduced School meals because we were distance learning, how can I apply for P-EBT?

To receive P-EBT benefits you must be enrolled in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) or your child was enrolled in a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) School. Children (aged 0-6) whose family have received SNAP and/or TANF will also receive P-EBT.

What are the eligible dates determining P-EBT?

Currently, qualifying children will receive P-EBT support for attending a qualifying school between August 2020-June 2021.

Children (aged 0-6) whose family have received SNAP and/or TANF will also receive P-EBT if they were on SNAP and/or TANF between October 2020 - June 2021.

Will I receive a new card for each child?


I didn't receive P-EBT last year, will I receive them this year?

This depends on if you meet the eligibility criteria. Receiving previous benefits does not guarantee or prevent subsequent benefits.

Will my graduated senior receive P-EBT?

Yes, if you child graduated in the Class of 2021 and is either enrolled in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP for free or reduced meals), enrolled in a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) School, or the family is enrolled in SNAP and/or TANF. Their school must have been on full-time distance learning or a hybrid schedule.

Do my charter school child/children qualify for P-EBT benefits if they were receiving free and/or reduced-price meals?

The program is available for any child who participated in the NSLP, and the school was closed (virtual) or was on a hybrid schedule.

What if I have shared custody of my children?

Children who are eligible for P-EBT will have their card sent to the parent listed as the first parent or guardian in the school's student information system. Please ensure your information in this system is up-to-date. P-EBT benefits cannot be split on two cards, but parents can share a single P-EBT card in this instance only.

My child's non-custodial parent got last year's benefit sent to them, will they get it this year?

It depends on who is listed as the first parent/guardian in your school district's registration system (for example: Infinite Campus). The first listed parent will receive the child's card.

How can I change my address?

Change/update your address in your school district's registration system (for example: Infinite Campus) as soon as possible. If you receive SNAP or TANF, please contact your local DWSS office.

My family receives SNAP benefits and received SNAP Emergency Allotment supplements. Will this have any effect on if or when my qualified child/children will receive the P-EBT food benefits?

P-EBT benefits are NOT SNAP benefits. Therefore, eligibility for or receipt of P-EBT food benefits is not affected by your receipt of SNAP or the SNAP Emergency Allotment supplements.

Can children still get meals from schools or other organizations if we get P-EBT?

Yes. Children can get grab-and-go and summer meals from schools, SNAP and WIC, and still receive P-EBT. They are separate programs. P-EBT benefits do not replace meals from school or other organizations.

Receiving and Using P-EBT Benefits

When will my benefit arrive?

Benefits for the 2020-2021 school year are scheduled to be dispersed the week of September 14, 2021.

Will I get all of my benefits at once or in separate payments?

In order to not burden retailers and to meet the USDA's requirements; P-EBT benefits will be issued in three separate issuances. Each issuance will be staggered across ten days. Which means, not all chidlren will receive their P-EBT benefits at the same time.

The first set of P-EBT benefits for the months of August 2020-November 2020 will go out September 14-23, 2021.

The second set of P-EBT benefits for the months of December 2020-March 2021 will go out October 14-23, 2021.

The third set of P-EBT benefits for the months of April 2021-June 2021 will go out November 14-23, 2021.

What should I do when I receive my P-EBT card in the mail?

Children receiving SNAP or TANF will receive their P-EBT benefit on their household's existing EBT card.

Children not receiving SNAP or TANF will receive their new P-EBT cards in the mail. Follow the instructions that come with the P-EBT card and activate it using the child's date of birth. This will allow for the creation of a private four-digit PIN number.

Do the benefits expire?

Yes. You can spend your benefits for up to 274 days after the activation of the P-EBT card.

What food can I buy with my P-EBT benefits?

Covered by P-EBT:

Breads and cereals
Fruits and vegetables
Meats, fish, and poultry
Dairy products
Seeds and plants that produce food

Not covered by P-EBT:

Beer, wine or liquor
Cigarettes or tobacco
Vitamins and medicines
Food that can be eaten in-store
Prepared foods
Non-food items
Pet food, soaps, paper products and household supplies

How do I use the P-EBT benefits?

A P-EBT card is used like a bank debit card to buy food in any SNAP-certified store: most grocery stores, farmer’s markets, some corner stores, or to buy groceries online at Amazon, Walmart, and Save-Mart (depending on your area). To find an authorized retail food store near you, use the SNAP Retailer Locator.

Families can also visit EBTEdge online or download the EBT Edge mobile app from the Apple or Google Play stores to find retailers that accept EBT cards.

To use your card at checkout:
Select "EBT"
Swipe the card
Enter your private four-digit PIN

What should I do if I am having issues activating my new P-EBT card?

Contact the FIS customer service number on the back of the card at (866) 281-2443 or the FIS Website at if you are experiencing problems with your P-EBT card.


Contact the P-EBT Center at 1-866-5NV-PEBT or 1-866-568-7328.

Operating hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (excluding state and federal holidays).