Promote and provide support, education, and resources to Nevada's child care community thereby increasing the development of high-quality child care environments for providers, families, and children.
- Improve and maintain the quality and quantity of early care and education programs and services.
- Increase the skills, education levels, and professionalism of field.
- Increase the compensation, wages, benefits, and working conditions for early childhood professionals through public awareness, policy, and funding efforts.
- Increase parents/guardians knowledge and ability to understand the importance of early care and education, to be involved in their child's learning, and to make informed child care choices.
- Improve the quality and availability of early care and education programs for children with special needs by supporting programs with strategies for successful inclusion.
The Office of Early Care and Education was established under the State Child Care Administrator's Office to oversee and coordinate the quality improvement funds received through the Federal Child Care Development Funds (CCDF).
Agencies/Programs fully or partially funded through this office include:
- Children's Cabinet Child Care Resource & Referral
- DCFS Early Childhood Mental Health
- Health Division Nevada Early Intervention Services and Child Care Licensing
- NevAEYC T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Nevada
- UNR Family Care Contract Network
- WCSD The Nevada Registry and Early Learning Guidelines